The Northern Cascades Saluki Fanciers is a small regional saluki club affiliated with The Saluki Club of America. Our membership consists of salukis breeders, owners, and fanciers representing the Greater King Country area, though we have members as far afield as Oregon and Eastern Washington.
We host annual dual independent saluki specialties, and participate in various activities around the Puget Sound area. We also host annual Meet the Breeds and Responsible Dog Owner events.
You can find our members out and about, participating in regional dog shows and performance events like lure coursing, racing, and obedience, Rally, and agility.
In addition, the club encourages camaraderie, fellowship, and friendship among members and other saluki fanciers.
The objectives of NCSF include:
- To encourage and promote responsible dog ownership and to educate the public about the characteristics of the Saluki breed.
- To encourage and promote the breeding of purebred Salukis and to do all possible to preserve their natural qualities.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which the Saluki shall be judged.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interest of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and obedience trials.
- To conduct sanctioned matches, dog shows, obedience trials, and any other event for which the club is eligible under the Rules and Regulations of the AKC.